You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-07 10:31:37

Duncan_Hill
Committee Member
Website

Web Editor handover

Hello folks,
I'm Duncan, your designated Web Editor. Technical notes ahead.

I've just upgraded our hosting to use TLS encryption for the site and forums. This means that your browser will no longer nag you about how you're filling in a username and password on an insecure site. If you'd like to learn more about why every site should have TLS protection, I recommend watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNIkw4Ao9w - even just the first few minutes should show why it's a good idea.

I've also had our account upgraded to one with 7x the storage we had on the old hosting plan. I hope to enable direct image uploading (with some monitoring to make sure the disk space doesn't get consumed rapidly), but will have to do some research. This upgrade did not come with a commensurate price increase; it's just what the new hosting plans for websites are like - more space, same price.

If you have any thoughts about features you'd like to see on the web/email side for the Association, please drop me a line via my profile on these forums.

My background is IT for the past 20 years, and I currently write code for a large tech company.

Blue Opal, Victoria 34

#2 2019-12-10 08:20:09

Charles_Grossie
Committee Member

Re: Web Editor handover

Good luck Duncan!

Victoria 34 Cutter - 'Anitra'

Board footer