You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-07 08:48:03

Alison_Pilkington
Resigned

East Coast Rally to Burnham On Crouch progress report

Jenny Wren and Margo are nestled together in the Yacht Harbour and we’re thinking of photoshopping a picture of Matty, who resides on a neighbouring pontoon into a group picture to make it look even more impressive!

Chas, Pete and I tried a few beers at the festival on Friday evening before heading off for an indian. We’re keeping tasting notes and so far between us have made a pretty good dent on the listings with almost half the range tried and tested. Tonight we’re hoping Danny, from Matty, will be able to assist us in completing the challenge.

The weather has been glorious and the seafood and Thai food stalls at the festival are proving particularly inviting. Good music, good company, friendly natives... so far quite perfect!

Facebook users can find pictures in the Victoria and Frances Facebook Group.

#2 2018-07-07 16:06:58

Alison_Pilkington
Resigned

Re: East Coast Rally to Burnham On Crouch progress report

We’re now sitting in Swallowtail sipping cold lager shandies and watching the footy. Did a circuit around Burnham this morning and found bits we never knew existed, restocked ships supplies and had a spot of elevenses before heading back to chill in the sun and breeze at the harbour.

#3 2018-07-10 05:56:58

Jon_Spencer

Alison,
I am sorry that Lynda and I were unable to join your select group at your East Coast Rally. I thought linking the event with the Beer Festival was a great idea. On board Albertine, on the North Spannish Coast we are also, at last, enjoying glorious sunshine after a somewhat disappointing start in this area. Last week we passed Symphony (Victoria 34) who is now in new ownership and based at La Roche Bernard (France).
Jon.

#4 2018-07-11 18:51:25

Alison_Pilkington
Resigned

Hey Jon, how funny to pass a boat you know from Blighty! I’m pleased to hear you’re getting some good weather now, it’s a long way to go for anything less.

On the last evening we never managed to tick off every beer on the list because some were sold out. However that didn’t spoil our enjoyment and there’s always next year to complete the challenge, perhaps there will be more of us to share the arduous task.

On the way home from a 5am start the next morning it was thankfully a bit cooler and there was even a bit of breeze on and off... on the nose as usual!

Board footer