#1 2014-05-09 11:42:27

Admin
Administrator

Former Victoria Sea School

We have received an e-mail from Guy Thompson, who asks:

'I did comp crew and day skipper on Victoria through the associated sailing school - a long time ago but who ran the school and whatever happened to it?'

Enquiries of long-standing members have established that the Victoria Sea School, based in Warsash, advertised in Waterlines up to edition no. 8, published in Summer 1995, and that the school was run by Tom Gregory.  Records show that the company was dissolved in January 1996.

Can anyone shed further light on the Victoria Sea School?

#2 2014-05-12 19:55:54

Jon_Spencer

Re: Former Victoria Sea School

Over lunch at Warsash Sailing Club last Sunday I engaged with the owner of a former rival Sailing School to the Victoria who spoke about a John Franks.  John had been David’s senior instructor before branching out with Tom Gregory to establish the Victoria Sailing School. David regaled me with stories of their adventures on the water, and in almost every bar between Dublin and Warsash, and many more!  John was a very well respected RYA Instructor and Examiner with a love of the sea where he was most at home.  After retirement John moved aboard, and is sadly no longer with us, but his memory lingers on.
David has a wealth of pictures of himself and John both afloat and ashore. Perhaps it is John Franks that Guy remembers rather than Tom Gregory.

Board footer