#1 2018-11-30 13:39:36

John_Willis

Shroud U Bolts Fittings

Hello all,

I am planning to replace one of the U bolt deck fittings for my starboard cap shroud.  Unfortunately it is not of a size I can find anywhere, being a 9 mm size (width of shaft).  I suspect it like the others is original and is probably imperial size?

Whatever, does anyone with the same fittings know where replacements can be obtained??

Thanks

John Willis

Francis 34 Pilothouse Pippin

#2 2018-11-30 16:48:31

Jonathan_Hopper

Re: Shroud U Bolts Fittings

They may or not be the same U bolt as on the F26.

My replacements come from Baseline (http://www.baselinemarine.com/shopdispl … logid=6791) item 0293.   

However, the size you give does seem odd, and it would be surprising if it were anything but metric.   Perhaps worth looking at the centre distance (P) and seeing if they look the same, as this is the more critical dimension.   You could check your current thread by seeing if an M10 nut fits as the thread may be more telling than the topside part?

#3 2018-11-30 19:36:57

John_Willis

Re: Shroud U Bolts Fittings

Thanks Jonathon,

I have just discovered Baseline this evening.  It looks like M10 will fit.  I am told the threads MUST be rolled NOT cut, so I am checking that now.  I believe Baseline supplied Victoria Marine at some point?

Anyway, I have ordered part number 0293 from Baseline and I'll check the thread is rolled.

Absolutely love the F26, which might well be my down size boat one day.

Much appreciated

JMW

Board footer