#1 2011-06-06 18:07:26

Admin
Administrator

Frances 26 Opening Side Port-lights

[Moved from 'Technical Advice' pages, dated 03/10/04]

Jonathan Hopper on "Francesca" says, "You don't happen to know if the port-lights on a Frances are Lewmar, as I need new seals.  In the manual, it talks about the non-opening forward facing ones, but I'm not sure about the opening side ones?"

Jonathan, just for completeness, do you now know the answer to this question, and are you able to recommend a supply for the seals?  Thank you!

#2 2011-06-07 22:34:18

Jonathan_Hopper

Re: Frances 26 Opening Side Port-lights

Admin wrote:

Jonathan, just for completeness, do you now know the answer to this question, and are you able to recommend a supply for the seals?  Thank you!

I may have got the portlight seals through the marina or direct from Lewmar, I cannot remember which.

However, if Simon is talking about the forehatch - Francesca has a Canpa hatch, and I got the seals for that from Eagle Boat Windows (very helpful).   Mind you, there now seems to be a weep from the sealant between the perspex and the frame.....

#3 2011-06-10 15:12:56

Ian_Johnston

Re: Frances 26 Opening Side Port-lights

Admin wrote:

Jonathan Hopper on "Francesca" says, "You don't happen to know if the port-lights on a Frances are Lewmar, as I need new seals.  In the manual, it talks about the non-opening forward facing ones, but I'm not sure about the opening side ones?"

This may overlap with my thread on V26 portlight seals. If the F26 ones are the same they are Lewmar Old Standard Size 1, and seals are around £35 each. At the suggestion of Seals Direct I am going to try 8mm diameter expanded neoprene, held in with silicone sealant instead ... seals for all seven portlights costs £14.17 including postage ...

Board footer