#1 2017-09-04 11:53:33

Admin
Administrator

THE VICTORIA CUP

Originally presented by Victoria Marine, the Victoria Cup is awarded annually by the Island Sailing Club to the winning Victoria or Frances Yacht, on corrected time, in The Round the Island Race.  The 2017 winner is Andrew Gleadle in his Frances 26 sloop PANACHE.  Overall, he and PANACHE were placed 1185, with an elapsed time of 11 hours 10 minutes and 38 seconds, which his handicap corrected to 9 hours 46 minutes and 8 seconds.  Congratulations to Andrew and we hope that he will be joined by more Victoria and Frances competitors next year.
Jon Spencer

#2 2017-09-08 10:00:13

Andrew_Gleadle

Re: THE VICTORIA CUP

Thank you for the awarded of the Victoria Cup.

This was my first Round the Island Race as Skipper or Crew and I normally try to avoid being in the Solent when it's on. However one of my very able crew persuaded me to enter this year’s race.

It turned out to be a cracking sail for most of the race and was deemed a success as we didn’t get hit by another yacht, we didn’t hit another yacht, nothing broke and we finished the race in one piece.

Following on from this year’s success I now plan to enter next year’s race and improve upon my finishing position.

I would strongly recommend it as a good day out, weather permitting.

Board footer