#1 2016-05-19 18:27:50

Alex_Stephenson

Featherstream prop for Victoria 30

I am in the process of replacing the engine in my Victoria 30 and have decided to fit a new featherstream propeller to match the new engine, has anyone fitted one to a V30 and if so what size did you fit I have been advised to fit a 14 inch one but can't remember and don't seem to have written down the size of the existing fixed 3 blade prop so I am not sure whether a 14 inch will fit the aperture.

#2 2016-06-21 12:31:32

Richard_Saunders

Re: Featherstream prop for Victoria 30

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I have spoken to Tim Clarke who also has a Victoria 30 and has fitted a Featherstream prop.  If needed he can be contacted using the details in the handbook (mobile number would be best).  He suggested that you measure your current prop and also the size of the aperture on your hull (they may differ slightly from hull to hull).  If there is sufficient clearance you may be able to increase the diameter for your new prop but you need a certain amount of clearance to prevent vortexing.  You will need to speak with Darglow regarding the pitch of the new prop as this will depend on the power of your new engine, the reduction ratio of the gearbox and the direction of turn of the prop shaft.  They should be able to come up with the right solution and I know that Tim is very pleased with the prop he now has on Widgeon.  Hope this helps.

#3 2016-08-19 13:17:47

Brenda_Mallett

I would appreciate knowing your final decision on 2 or 3 blades, diameter, and pitch please! What engine did you go for? Bennie From Rowan

#4 2016-11-24 14:19:13

Alex_Stephenson

So I have eventually bitten the bullet and have had installed a beta 20 engine with a down angle gearbox so that the engine beds could be changed to bring the engine installation angle within betas recommended spec.
I have also changed to a 14 inch featherstream prop and had a Vetus fuel tank fitted, the old steel one was showing signs of corrosion.
I decided to have a centaflex fitted which has forced the engine to move forwards a couple of inches which has meant a small adjustment to the companion steps.
The work has now been completed and Ibis will, weather permitting go back into the water next week where we will see what differences there are.

Last edited by Alex_Stephenson (2016-11-24 14:30:47)

Board footer