#1 2016-05-25 17:01:37

Admin
Administrator

Frances 26 OWLER

We bought 'Owler' last September (2015) and have spent some time and effort to bring her up to scratch for our needs.

The re-fit included; new standing rigging, some new running rigging, new main, a new 105% working jib with vertical battens for more efficient stronger wind work (this required the track to be extended to allow different sheet leads to those of the genoa), mast dropped and all masthead electrics replaced including new lights, new ariel and a steaming light, Guardrails were replaced.  The cockpit drains were re-newed with seacocks fitted at the hull. A new cooker was fitted and all gas pipework re-newed. New VHF radio, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers etc. and a new dinghy. The engine (Yanmar 10) was given a thorough going over with new water pump shaft fitted and the old stern gland replaced with a new one with a remote greaser. Electric bilge pump fitted.  She has been equipped with a new anchor winch, 62 metres of 8mm chain and a 10kg Rocna for some serious anchoring and a lightweight Fortress as a kedge.

owler1.jpg

owler2.jpg

She is based at Kip marina and will be sailed on the West Coast of the UK.  The photographs show her ashore at Kip and on the new pontoons at Campbeltown.

Peter and Marie Roberts.

#2 2016-05-30 05:55:24

Jon_Spencer

Re: Frances 26 OWLER

Dear Peter and Marie,
A serious makeover for OWLER and I hope that you enjoy your summer sailing.  I am sure that in the fullness of time we would all like to hear about the performance of your vertical battens on your working jib.  We now have several members based in Scotland, and also passing through on their circumnavigations of either Great Britain or the British Isles, and I hope that you have already met up with Mike Healey who is a member at Campletown Yacht Club.
Fair Winds,
Jon Spencer

Board footer