You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-28 12:28:10

Admin
Kraken

"35 YEARS OF CRUISING SAILBOAT DESIGN" - A talk by Chuck Paine

Chuck Paine is to give the VSA an illustrated retrospective of his favourite designs from both sides of the Atlantic, entitled "35 YEARS OF CRUISING SAILBOAT DESIGN".

WHEN: 7:00pm on Monday, 9th January 2012 (doors will be open from 6:00pm)
WHERE: The Cruising Association House, 1 Northey Street, Limehouse Basin, London, E14 8BT
COST: Free!

Chuck is giving the talk to The Victoria Shadow Association, of which he is a member, but the talk is open to all interested yachtsmen. After designing all of the Victoria Yachts, Chuck went on to design the Bowman 40/42 and the Bowman 48.

There will be no admission charge and the talk should last for 70 minutes.

Why not combine a visit to the London Boat Show with the evening talk?

Limehouse is easily reached from ExCel by using the Docklands Light Railway and alighting at Limehouse Station.

We hope to see you there!

Last edited by Admin (2012-11-02 19:38:35)

#2 2011-12-09 22:46:42

Admin
Kraken

Re: "35 YEARS OF CRUISING SAILBOAT DESIGN" - A talk by Chuck Paine

Further to the above notice, the CA have confirmed that light meals and snacks will be available from their bar from 6pm before the talk and up to 9pm after.

In order to confirm approximate numbers, Peter Cosker would be grateful if you could please contact him via email if you hope to attend the talk.

We hope to see as many VSA members there as possible!

#3 2012-01-15 11:10:52

Admin
Kraken

Re: "35 YEARS OF CRUISING SAILBOAT DESIGN" - A talk by Chuck Paine

Following Chuck Paine's excellent talk at the Cruising Association on Monday, Peter Cosker received the following email from Chuck:

Dear Peter,

Thank you again for the opportunity to give my talk, and all the work I know was necessary to bring it off. I enjoyed it very much indeed, as did my friends Brian and "the Original Frances" and her husband. I am proud to be an honourary member of the Association and hope to meet up again with some of those obvious admirers of my creations. I will wear the necktie with pride and have already enjoyed the book.

All the best,

Chuck

We were very privileged to have you come and address our Association - thank you Chuck!

Chuck.jpg
Chuck

Jon_and_Chuck.jpg
Jon and Chuck

Thank you also to Peter Cosker, Anne Grub and Jon Spencer for making the evening possible, and also to Simon Fraser and Barrie Marson for their support and loan of hardware, and to the Cruising Association for providing us with a great venue at no cost to our Association.

Board footer