#1 2011-09-24 15:44:55

Guy_Willing

Frances 26 BLUEGRASS

BLUEGRASS is a sloop-rigged Frances 26. She was built in 1983 and acquired a new Beta 13.5hp inboard diesel engine in 2003.

She is now owned and sailed by Guy and Lisa Willing, who live in Bembridge on the Isle of Wight and joined our association in November 2010.

Guy mentions the previous owner, Simon Fayers, in his note below and both Simon and Jo are still members of this association.

I bought the boat back in June and Simon was kind enough to deliver her from Falmouth to the Isle of Wight for me.

I have not done a great deal this summer, as I'm still learning. I previously owned several catamarans.

I did manage a quick trip to Cherbourg and took the family down to Poole for an overnight stop. Apart from that, it's been mainly day sailing.

I skipper a pilot launch for the Port of Southampton and run out of Gosport, so if you see a pilot launch coming towards you in the Solent, I'm just coming to say, "Hello!"

Guy Willing

Guy.jpg

Lisa.jpg

Eleanor_at_helm.jpg

Eleanor.jpg

Pictured above are Guy the skipper, Lisa the first mate and Eleanor the deckhand!

Tony_and_Guy.jpg

Lisa_and_Eleanor.jpg

Tony_and_Stewart.jpg   

The chap with the beard is Tony, Guy's father and the other fellow is Stewart, a friend.

Eleanor is 8 years of age (as of 2010) and loves the boat.

#2 2011-09-24 15:52:03

Guy_Willing

Re: Frances 26 BLUEGRASS

Received by email on the 8th February 2011:

Just a few more pics of Bluegrass for you. I have just finally finished building the hatch garage and I am quite pleased with it.

Guy and Lisa

Bluegrass.jpg

Bluegrass_port_side.jpg

Bluegrass_starboard_quarter.jpg

New_hatch_garage_2011.jpg

#3 2012-05-21 07:07:05

Guy_Willing

Re: Frances 26 BLUEGRASS

The following email was received from Guy on the 17th May 2012:

Hi All
Hope these reach you ok just a couple of pics of Bluegrass playing with my colleagues. The boat I skipper for a living and one for
pleasure.
Hope to meet up at warsash next saturday
Regards Guy Willing

Bluegrass1.jpg

Bluegrass2.jpg

Bluegrass3.jpg

Bluegrass4.jpg

Board footer